Here’s what they say about
• The whole evening was a huge success. It was clear that you are very
knowledgeable about the instruments as well as being a virtuosic piper…
-Cobina Gillitt Asmara, Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC
• Whether blowing a spry jig or “Amazing Grace”, Mr. Balderose showed a virtuoso’s gift for
-Ann Powers, The New York Times
• On behalf of our newly commissioned officers of the Navy and Marine Corps team we thank
you for making our Naval ROTC commissioning Ceremony so very special by your piping while
marching our Midshipmen to center stage. You are truly a very talented musician. I might add that
our great Mayor of Pittsburgh, The Honorable Tom Murphy, commented that you are known
as the “best of Pittsburgh!” I concur wholeheartedly! I hope you would consider piping for us
again at next year’s Naval ROTC Commissioning Ceremony.
-Sincerely and Yours Aye,
J. Randall Stapleford, Captain, United States Navy, Carnegie Mellon University NROTC.
George Balderose at the
Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City
• I didn't know the bagpipes were so versatile! George Balderose is quite an artist, and his
music is wonderful!
-Rev. John White, Dean of Students, Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
• Your bagpipe music was the highlight of the wedding for my daughter, for us, and for her new
family. It was just gorgeous!
-Carol Giraldi, Pittsburgh, PA.
• Thank you for the wonderful music you brought to our daughter’s wedding. I’ve never heard the
pipes sound better!
-Judy Hamilton, Pittsburgh, PA.
• The cast includes a fine bagpiper, George Balderose.
-Donald Miller, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, PA.
• The star attraction was the repeat performance of master piper George Balderose of Pittsburgh
who played many traditional favorites… The piper pleased the audience with his choice selections…
-E.J. Lelik, The Valley Independent, Donora, PA
• I would like to tell you how much I enjoyed your performance. It was a lovely evening and your
piping was the highlight.
-Elizabeth Cookson, Winchester-Thurston School, Pittsburgh, PA.
• We were extremely impressed by the authenticity of your costumes and your music and the
overall quality of your performance. Your piping was of the highest caliber… The audience found the
presentation to be not only extremely entertaining-but also educational-which added to the charm
of the entire program.
-Linda Rutter, Cultural Committee for the Borough of Roaring Spring, PA.
• Your presence at our mother’s funeral service brought to us the sweet and nostalgic taste
of her native land. We, her family, and those who attended were emotionally touched by your eloquence
of stature and the haunting beauty of your music. We shall always remember…
-Don and Nancy Souders, Leechburg, PA.
• I want to thank you for your wonderful perfomance at our First Fridays concert. Your
magnificent piping added tremendously to the excitement of the evening.
-Susan Petrie, The Frick Art & Historical Center, Pittsburgh, PA.
• Your piping always contributes to the wonderful joy of our commencement celebration.
-Michele Colvard, Assistant Dean, Chatham College, Pittsburgh, PA.